Virginia Vaughn was elected to Buena Park City Council November 4th, 2014. Sworn into office December 9, 2015. She is a mother, wife, grandmother and a small business owner. She understands the challenges Buena Park families and local businesses are facing in today’s economy. When it comes to our city Virginia believes in transparency, innovation and collaboration. She is known for reaching out to the community and doing her part. She believes we must work together to build a stronger community. No one does it by themselves, it takes “All of Us” working together, regardless of the party.
She has lived in Buena Park nineteen years, with her husband Kenny and their two dog’s Gigi and Benny. Her daughter (Tammy) and seven adopted grandchildren also live in Buena Park.
Work History – Northrop Grumman Defense Contractor from 1981-2011. During her thirty year career she held numerous positions. Facilities Manager responsible for over 3 million square feet of office and lab space at the Pico Rivera facility for the B2 Stealth Bomber.
In 2010 – Purchase Bella Dia Salon & Day Spa, Inc., formally “Sara’s World of Beauty” on Beach Blvd, in Buena Park .
- Small business owner in Buena Park
- Retired from Northrop Grumman after 30 years
- Previous Chairman of the Board for West OC Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors for Boys & Girls Club of Buena Park
- Buena Park Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast Board of Directors
- President of the Buena Park Woman’s Club
- Bright Paths – City Homeless Program
- Buena Park Collaborative
- Support local organizations
- Southern California Hospice Foundation
- Buena Park Giving Children Hope
- Buena Park Relay for Life
- Buena Park High School
- Buena Park Elementary
- Boys & Girls Club of Buena Park
- Buena Park Senior Center